Friday, December 23, 2011

Inspired: Vintage Christmas Eve

Like most kids, three and older, around the world--I'm feeling pretty excited about Christmas Eve...Eve. Redundant? Yes. Irrelevant? Not at all. It's the EVE before the eve of a holiday that I have been anticipating since the autumn winds started blowing. Maybe a little premature, maybe not.

I dress up for Christmas Eve every year. Despite the fact that we stay in our house and don't even step near enough to the front door to feel the cold that's slipping in uninvited, I enjoy getting creative with my red, green, and sparkles (which are a color. Do not rebuttle). 

If my closet were endless (like Santa's oversized, velvet, drawstring, tote) then this is the outfit I think I'd put together this year:

I liked the idea of taking the typical color scheme and putting a twist on it. I think the lace adds a vintage feel and, in combination with the shoes, looks so vivid. I chose gold accessories, including a detachable gold collar, to give it a classy sophisticated feel. I'd accent with a red lip, winged liner, and maybe a pair of tasteful (and minimal) tights.

And yes. I would carry around a pretentious stack of well wrapped presents.

What're you wearing this year?

Until Next Time,
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment