Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Long story shorts

Lord. Where did the time go? I feel like these past few months have flown by. I mean, really, Christmas just happened and now St. Patrick's day is in 3 days? What is this?


Great news- Spring is here. Early? Yes. Unwelcome? Certainly not. So in the spirit of spring I give you my multipost outfit series...shorts. There are so many trends this spring that I am so pumped about, and what better way to celebrate them than through shorts--spring and summer's gift from fashion.


So, lets get this party started.

Trend 1: Lace


I am all about Lace Shorts this spring. They're everywhere...and they are so cute. I can't handle it. There are about 500 ways to style lace shorts, but I opted for the easy breezy boho way. Pairing a floaty, easy knit top with the somewhat structured and feminine shorts is such a cool juxtaposition of textures to me.  For shoes: a neutral, strappy platform wedge. The wedge would keep the casualness, but add some length to the legs. I accessorized with gold (hitting the "metallic" trend on the head) which, I think, looks cool paired with the flatter colors in the rest of the outfit. I think the shine of the gold definitely adds some excitement to the ensemble as well.

How great would this be for shopping or for lunch? I'd rock it.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment